Had a blast this past Saturday at Rehobeth Beach in Delaware for some well deserved and much needed R&R. Letting the sand seep through my toes, laying out in the sun with peach wine, and frolicking in ocean water like I’m Bridget Bardot or one of Charlie’s Angels were my goals for this day and I must say…Mission Accomplished. Despite the bugs attacking me dead on, I enjoyed myself and happily indulged in my first beach trip for the Summer.
As I was prepping and packing for my beach trip, I thought about sharing my top 7 beach essentials. Check them out below:
1. Pack face and body sunscreen for that beautiful but harsh sun. Try Hawaiian Tropic suggested by my girl Channing from Channing in the City.
2. A fuss free cover up is a must (maybe including a packed away romper to throw on just in case) for comfortably walking on the boardwalk and visiting outside restaurants.
3. Bring a wide brim hat for some shade (try a floppy hat, fedora, or panama hat) and if you want to take a quick nap, you can slide that baby down over your eyes for a “do not disturb” effect.
4. Carry a bright-colored, roomy tote to store all of your belongings and to easily identify, if you leave your party and need a landmark to locate them on the beach.
5. Bring a magazine or book for some good reading and “me time.” This may be the best time to read and absorb all of the styles or words for your brain.
6. Find a light lip balm or lip gloss with spf 30 to shield and protect your lips from drying out and looking chapped. You don’t want anything heavy and gooey that would eventually frustrate you.
7. Make sure to pack a good brush for those dreadful, tangled hair strands that could make you look cray after your little fun in the water.
What are some of your must have items for the beach?