The red lip is so versatile and it certainly takes the crown as the showstopper for lip shades of all lip shades. From a deep berry tone to a fire engine red to a wine color, this lip color has always made me look twice when it’s done right and not overtly trashy. I have been purchasing red lipsticks for a few years now and the ever growing vast selection that continues to dominate on the beauty shelves makes me smile with excitement. I really want to a try a lip stain. I had one before by the brand Lip Stick Queen, (above, #1) sold at Barney’s, and I absolutely loved it. Must get it again!
You’re probably wondering why I chose Joan Smalls and only Joan Smalls for my model of choice…well because… she is HOT STUFF and knows how to WERK a red lip! #nuffsaid 🙂
- Lipstick Queen Fired Up Lipgloss $18.00
- Rimmel Rich Moisture Lipstick in Diva Red $4.29
- Revlon Super Lustrous Creme lipstick in Berry Rich
- Sephora Lush Flush Lip & Cheek Stain in Red Wine $12.00
- Christian Dior Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Red Muse $32.00
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl $24.00
- YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Red Temptation $28.00
- MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Kiss me Quick $18.00
Sidenote: An illuminator would be a great addition to your red lip and also, try a lip liner to make the lines more neat and perfect. Shown above is Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator $23.00, buy it here.